Call for Paper
Papers in a wide range of subjects concerning safety and/or health issues in workplace are welcome. Authors are requested to select one of the subjects listed below:
- Mechanical Safety
- Chemical Safety
- Process Safety
- Construction Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Industrial Toxicology
- Work Environment Measurement
- Occupational Ergonomics and Rehabilitation
- Human Safety in Workplace
- Other Topics on Safety and Health
- April 1, 2017Open date for application
- July 31, 2017Deadline for abstract submission
- August 15, 2017Notice of acceptance
- September 30, 2017Deadline for manuscript submission
Some papers will be published in a special issue of Industrial Health,
an international journal issued by JNIOSH (IF (2015), 1.057).
After the APSS2017,authors in hopes of publishing their papers must resubmit for review after changing the format of their papers to the Industrial Health template.
Submission of Abstract
To modify your abstract, please see the acceptance letter on Aug. 15th.
Submission of Proceeding
Proceeding submission will start on Sep. 1st.
Please download "proceeding_template.doc ", which can be used as a template of your Proceeding.
- Submission of Proceeding has been closed.
APSS 2017 Working group
(1)About Oral Presentation
- Presentation will be limited by PC.
- We will prepare the projector at the conference secretariat at the lecture hall.
- Other projection equipment can not be used.
- The projectors are PT-DZ21K of Panasonic for main Hall(SA), and EB1960 of Epson for others(SB,SC,SD).
- PT-DZ21K has aspect ratio of 16:10 with 1920x1200 resolution.
- EB1960 has aspect ratio of 4:3 with 1024x768 resolution.
1-1) Presentation method
a) When using the venue PC
- Please bring the presentation data by USB at the reception desk PC or the PC of the presentation place 30 minutes before the start of the session, and preview.
- Please prepare the manuscript for presentation in OS standard font.
- Please make sure that the background does not disturb the manuscript or to clearly distinguish the contrast between the background and the material. Also, please set the font size of the manuscript to the minimum value of 18pt.
- Please prepare the manuscript for presentation in Windows PowerPoint 2007 ~ 2013 version. In case
- * PowerPoint 2016 is not supported.
- We recommend the following fonts to prevent garbled characters and layout collapse.
Arial, Century, Times New Roman
- The performer waits at the next performer's seat at least 10 minutes before his presentation session begins.
b) When bringing your own PC
- Please check the connection with the projector at the presentation place 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- When tha data was created on Macintosh, be sure to bring your own PC.
- Cancel the screen saver and power saving settings beforehand.
- The shapes of the PC cable connector prepared at the venue are D-SUB mini 15 pin and HDMI. Please prepare a PC with this output terminal or bring it when you need a connector to convert to this shape. Please do not forget to bring the power cable.
- When bringing in the your own PC, please prepare the data backup with USB.
1-2) About presentation time
- Oral presentation: 20 minutes for one subject (presentation 15 minutes, discussion 5 minutes)
- * The above allocated time is a rough guideline. Please follow the instructions from the chairperson.
(2)About poster presentation
2-1) Poster and notice panel
- The poster size which can be attached to the panel is W 870 mm x H 1760 mm.
- The presentation number will be placed on the poster panel in advance.
- Pushpins for sticking posters are prepared by the secretariat.
- Please stand in front of each poster and explain to the participants and question and answer from the participants, at least in Q&A Session.
2-2) Time schedule for poster pasting/presentation/discussion/removal
- Poster session location: Meeting room No.11
- Poster sticking: November 30 th(Thu) 9:00 -13:00
- Q & A session: November 30 th(Thu) 13:00-13:50
- Poster remove time: December 1st (Fri) 16:00-18:00
- *Please remove by yourself at the time of removal.